(518) 312-8782 51 Kent Street Ballston Spa, NY 12020
- Water Tests
- Flow / quanity: How much water the well can produce in a given amount of time (FHA / VA require at least 3 GPM for two hours)
- Quality: Bacteria, E-coli bacteria, Fecal Coliform Bacteria, Lead, Nitrate, PCB's, Sodium, PH, Fluoride, Chloride, Sulfate, Iron, Manganese, Pesticides, Solvents, Etc.
- Wood Destroying Insects and Organism
- Check for Termites, Carpenter Ants, Powder Post Beetles, Carpenter Bees
- Check for Wood-destroying Organisms such as Dry-rot, Fungus, Mold/Mildew
Click here for sample Bug report (pdf)
- Radon Gas Test
- Charcoal Canister
- Alpha Track Dectectcors
- Charcoal Liquid Scintillation Detectors
- Electret Ion Chambers
- Lead Paint Test
- An examination of the painted areas of the home to determine if lead based paint was used in the past. Homes built prior to 1978 may have areas that were painted with lead based pain. Lead can be found in other components of the home such as glazing on dishes, window blinds, furiture.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Testing
- Tests to determine if fossil fuel systems are emitting CO into the home. All home with Fossil Fuel burning systems should have CO detectors on all occupied levels. Since CO gas is heavier than air, wall or ceiling mounted units are not always reliable. Plug-in digital units are considered teh most dependable.
- Septic Inspection
- Dye Test: to check for leaks, ground water saturation, and other system problems
- Pump-out: a septic company empties the tank, checks the condition of the tank, the design of the tank, checks for obstructions, and makes sure the toilets are draining into the tank.
- Homeowner Consultant
- Let me take the worry and hassle out of the construction process. If you plan on tackling the job yourself, but are not quite sure how, I will guide you through it. And, if you are going to hire a contractor to do all or part of the work, I can help you plan the particulars.
Sometimes when planning a large remodeling job such as a new kitchen, bath or addition, the homeowner is not completely sure what they are getting into, in terms of cost, timing and inconvenience. You will be provided with a detailed guide and approximate estimate of what is involved. Then I will assist you to get started with plan and building permits, if necessary. I can even work with you and your contractor to make sure that the project runs smoothly, is done on time and within the budgeted figures.
Consultation for any upgrade to your home, including:
- Plans and drawing
- Systems Upgrades
- Hiring a Contractor
Let me help you to make your dreams……a pleasant reality.
THINKING OF BUILDING A NEW HOME….
Let me assure you that the work being done is in conformity with the written plans and specifications. Periodic inspections are done in accordance with local building code inspections and/or bank construction loan payment schedules.